2019 Avon Town Council--Not Pictured: Jake Wolf
Town of Avon
The Town of Avon, Colorado is a Home Rule municipality whereby it is self-governing under Article XX of the Constitution of the State of Colorado. Under the Town Charter, a Council-Mayor form of government is established, it but also provides for a Council-Manager when the Council determines such form is appropriate. The Council is the policy-making legislative body for the Town. It consists of seven elected Council members and a Mayor elected by Council. Council members are elected for four-terms of office and the Mayor a two-year term.
The Town of Avon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, and age in the delivery of services.
The Town of Avon is committed to providing the public convenient access to accurate information about Town operations. A wide variety of commonly requested documents are available below as well as on this website through the following tools:
- Public Records Portal: Our online public records repository which includes Town Council, the Urban Renewal Authority and Liquor Authority agendas, minutes, packets, resolutions, and ordinances.
- Notify Me: Sign up to receive a variety of communication including the most recent Town Council Meeting Agendas and Town Council Meeting Packets.
- Monthly Newsletter: Sign up to receive monthly updates from Town staff and elected officials about Town initiatives, upcoming events, Town services, and more.
- High Five Access Media is Avon’s community access media center. HFAM provides live coverage of Avon Town Council meetings both on Comcast Channel 5 and at Live on Five. Meetings subsequently are available for viewing on demand on the Avon Town Council series page and replayed on cable and Live on Five. For show times, visit the High Five Access Media TV Schedule.
- Avon Municipal Code: Search the code for rules and regulations that govern the town.